Hi, all. I have a numbered list of things today:
1. I'd like to publicly thank Mom and Dad for getting me magazine subscriptions! Everyone loves getting mail. I don't know what Games Magazine is, but it sounds fun. And I can't wait to read Time and Sky & Telescope. Thanks y'all!
2. I can now share the sentiment of college being worse, work-wise, than high school. I came to this realization when it occurred to me that I had been meaning to do laundry for a week, and still hadn't gotten around to it. The various other things to do just took up all the time in between classes.
3. Cleveland weather is just like Cary weather. It's very disappointing. What I mean by this is that it was 70 degrees yesterday and 95 today.
4. In band rehearsal today, as we were about to begin "Four Scottish Dances" by Malcolm Arnold, mvt. 4, our conductor Dr. Ciepluch gave us this priceless quote with a grin on his face: "I bet I can make it to the end before you." He later addressed the counter-melody instruments separately about us upper winds: "Don't worry, they'll get it in a couple of weeks." (It's a pretty bloody impossible part taken con brio, "with [flipping] spirit.") Band never changes.
5. I hate keeping book for volleyball.
6. I love air conditioning.
7. Finally, I have come to the conclusion that I am just as responsible now as I was when I was 12 years old. I can process things more efficiently now, but my level of responsibility hasn't changed. Good? Bad? I really can't be sure. I'd think you could argue it either way.
Everything that happened today made me think of one of my favorite quotes. It doesn't hurt that Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was mentioned by my programming professor during his lecture this afternoon.
“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
― Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
: ) Still love this. Oh air conditioning. How I miss you.
ReplyDelete